Pearl Danio .... sick?

dcase

Hi

Tonight have noticed one of my Pearl Danios swimming up near water level (just under it) and seems to be sucking in air although I cant see him break the surface. I have had the tank stable for 6-7 months, readings are all fine and other fish (incl. Pearl Danios) are all fine.

There is no physical issue I can see although fish couldbe slightly bigger than usual (maybe a bit bloated) although I can't be sure ... I have sevral of varying sizes.l

What can lead to his sort of behaviour and how should it be best treated?

regards

Not sure if there is any treatment since symptoms are vague. If it was only one fish I would leave it and see what happens. If it is being harassed by other fish then separate it.

Could be a female with PMS perhaps? :lol:

Slightly bloated could be it is constipated or a female may be getting egg bound. This happens sometimes and I don't think there is anything you can do.

If constipation, try feeding it a bit of cooked, shelled pea.

Thx Caryl

Will keep a watching brief for now .... it continus to swim for hours on end bum down & head up jsut under surface level .... at other times it descends and schools with the other Pearl Danios quite happily .... seems to feed all right too

regards