316831715.jpg

Blue fusion dragons blood

316831713.jpg

Fryeri

316834593.jpg

Leleupi?

316840113.jpg

Maleri Yellow

That maleri red he got from me is from whispering echo's line Johannes Whipering echo brought the parents of the ones I got babies off I ended up with 5m 1f and sold of extra male's one of which is in this tank..

Difference between Jacob's and Baenshi, yeah they are similair, jacob's are a different colour, have more yellow/oragne going into their head and have larger white stripes on dorsal/anal/tail which hasn't happened in the fish that is pictured..

Thanks for your comments everyone work in progress.

Depends they seem to take turns at being the boss between jacobfreibergi, blue fusion and maleri x ryan jury. Chilumba is from the hoo-haa batch and we thought the cross was chilumba x malrei but now we know.

Wow, nicely done.

What is the background/rockwork made from...?? Is it actually rocks, or some home made / man made trickery that looks real.. Whatever it is it looks great.

I am in the process of setting up a cichlid tank but have not yet decided on how I am going to d the rock work, any suggestions...?

Cheers

Wayne

Hi thanks for the comment, the background is polystyrene shaped and coated with a cement based floor prep combined with multibond and course sand then painted with waterbased concrete water proofer which was coloured to suit with oxide. then siliconed to the back of the tank, the background also hides the overflow box and inlet riser coming up thru the bottom of the tank. some of the rocks out in the middle of the tank are also poly and the rest are limestone/shellrock and pumice as well as a few I shaped out of omaru stone.

For your cichlid tank I would suggest deciding on what fish you want and setting your tank up for what suits their needs.

Try posting what you want to keep and asking for suggestions as to what would best suit and use the ideas.

Thanks