Small fish

Hi guys,

Just wanting some ideas on what small fish I can put in my tank. I was thinking neons, harlquins, danios, WCMM or something like that. I want something small and colourful. Any ideas.

Got to be Harlequin Rasboras.

Great little active, colourful fish that are tough as old boots when it comes to conditions.

You know you want to... :P

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile25.html

The pictures in that link don't do these great fish justice, especially when schooling, but the comments at the bottom are all about right in my experience.

Hey Cam,

I have Badis which are really cool and small; GO THE PYGMY CORY!!!! :bow: One of the most awesome small fish I have and I love them to bits! My BB gobies do ok, and I have them in both type of tank. Sparkling Gourami's are cool too, and they don't get too big - very pretty!

Hope that helps! :D

Hello Cam

Have you seen Boraras maculata or microrasbora galaxy ? They are in shops since about a year here, really very small (smaller than halve arlequin and similar water) colorfull fish.

I want to buy a couple to see how they look at the smaller shrimps ;P

These one is the galaxy http://www.laquari.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=542

and the other http://www.aquariofilabcn.org/forum/sho ... php?t=2377

There are more kinds of both but I dont remember the names

Badis are very nice too but i never seen one in a shop here :C

Good luck

How about threadfin rainbows?

They don't get very big.

I've got a small group of them in a 3 foot planted tank and they are very fun to watch. The males are always displaying against each other and trying to woo the females.

species_ornamentals_img2.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. Ktttk I've seen a fish that was called a threadfin rainbow and was the same shape as that but didn't have that nice colour (they were pure silver). will they colour up like thoose ones???

Mine have silver bodies and the males have fins that are jet black and they have a deep golden line along the top of their heads (from their dorsal fin to the tip of their mouth). The dorsal fin at the top is also a little red in colour. The The colours really come through when they start displaying against each other. I think the pic I posted is a little overexposed and the fins have a lot of yellow which mine doesn't have. This pic below is a better representation of the thread fins I have...

pd1516098.jpg