My cat is shivering - anyone know why?

I've looked around the net a bit and the answers are either that he's cold or that he's sick with a fever and that I should take him to the vet immediately?! The latter has me a bit worried but it's the first sign of any potential 'illness' I've spotted.. He's around 5 years old and when he was a kitten had cat flu.. And he's lived in Australia and New Zealand...

But now I'm going on about him a bit much...

Anyway - do you think it's just because he's cold?

Call a vet and ask - its free.

If the vet thinks its a problem, he will ask you to bring your cat in for a checkup 8)

My 5 month old kit has been shivering a bit, but thats coz its quite cold down here and she has a short, fine coat. So we bundle her up in rugs on our laps if we see her starting to shiver :D

Hey guys,

Went to the vets and ($90 later) she took his temperature which is up about a degree - normal for cats is 38.5, his was 39.4, she also said his breathing was sounding a bit raspy, so she gave him a shot for the his fever and gave me some paste to give him. So I'm glad I took him to the vet :) Hopefully he gets better fast :P

I thought a picture of him might be appropriate (yes he's in our kitchen sink, he refuses to drink unless it's from a running tap)

DSC00060.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help :D

Hey guys,

I thought a picture of him might be appropriate (yes he's in our kitchen sink, he refuses to drink unless it's from a running tap)

DSC00060.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help :D

Our cat is the same. so we leave the bath tap running slightly to allow her to drink whenever she wants.

Yes She owns our house and loves eating fish food. once found a small container of fish food outside.only found out how it got there when i caught her running down the hall with container in her mouth.