May 2, 200818 yr comment_231621 Hi there, I am just cleaning some gravel that I just got and there is lots of snail shells in there. Will they change pH or not? if so, they will be placed in my soon to be African tank, but if not they will stay with the angels. Also, what would kina shells do? Cheers, George Report
May 2, 200818 yr comment_231641 I would think the snail shells would but not sure about the kina. I Googled it but am none the wiser :-? Report
May 2, 200818 yr comment_231646 They won't change the pH (not measureably, anyway), but they will act as a buffer against the pH dropping. Report
May 2, 200818 yr Author comment_231720 Yea i have some for my African tank What about paua shells do you know?? 8) Report
May 2, 200818 yr comment_231723 Im not sure sorry I just remember being told scallop shells are the best! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.