Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best setup for breeding Cories

Featured Replies

I have two 2ft tanks that i want to set up for breeding my agazzi and elegans cories. Im unsure of how I want to set the setups up.

Substrate: I was looking at buying some of the very fine orange gravel that is only 1-3mm big and planting some plants with big leaves amazons etc.. I was hoping the fry wouldnt get lost by using a smaller gravel.

Filter: I was thinking of using a small airstone filter, would an underground filter be better or what other kinds of filter would be better?

I have bred bronze cory before but just want to see what other advise others have before I setup the tanks. Im looking have only the cories in the tanks.

I believe the best set up for fancy cory's is....

3' tank

Fine to medium rounded gravel(lots of it)(shallow at 1 end and 1/2 way up the tank at the other)

A sponge or box filter is fine(and a really big bubbler at the shallow end, to be turned on when females are fat, combined with other stimuli)

Spawning moss or spawning mops (at the shallow end)

  • Author

Dixion how did you wash the river sand? I brought some yesterday, gave it a wash and the waters still murky? Does this just settle down? Quite a cool effect in saying that.

I used to breed coriies in a bare tank. Condition them well until the female is bulging with roe. Do a cold water change to drop the temperature and they will generally spawn next morning, then you remove the parents. I used them as cleaners instead of snails to have in a tank with other non bottom feeding fry. They do well on the food the others don't get to.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.