THROW AWAY FILTER MEDIUM

Darrell Quadling

I have 12 tanks with top filters as well as 10 with hang-on filters & 3 large can filters...they all take a small amount of time to clean but the trick I use is I bought a meter by 2m wide thick 'dacron' for $9 and cut up small sections that fit in the filters ..then every 2 - 3 weeks just throw away the clogged material & replace with new price..easy as..keep smiling clean filter = happy fish.

I'm really suspicious that anything you buy from Spotlight or similar will have been fumigated when it was imported... I used to work for Spotlight and when you have spent all day handling cartons of brand new sheets etc your hands come out smelling pretty chemically

I have bought mine from Ikes in devonport and cannot comment on the anti-bacterial side...my thinking was it is the first 'food & waste' trap before the other medium but this has made me wonder ??? tanks are clear & fish are happy so that is my best indicator...its just easy to throw it out & replace with fresh piece...any further comments would be appreciated...D