electric yellows

bikiegirl

im going to set up a tank for some electric yellows and not to sure on how to ive got a 3 ft tank and stand and a filter but not sure what i can put in it some help wood be good plz ty .

sand

rocks

plants if can

and what other fish can i add to them them in the severums tank now but the severums do not like them in there.

bikiegirl

plants are basically a waste of money. I had them in three different tanks and the yellows destroyed the plants in two tanks in short time.

I would recommend leaving just the yellows in the tank then if you wish to catch a female in breeding mode can make the job easier.

Plants I have Java fern and Anubias in with mine which they don't touch.

Sand whatever you like :) Pool sand, river or beach doesn't matter. I have shell grit mixed in mine to help buffer the water.

Rocks whatever ya like :) Something that buffers water is good eg limestone

Fish umm I like blue fish with mine so I have Electric blues but will change the eb's for some maingano soon but in another tank that isn't display I have them with Altolamprologus comp. but you are limited by the size of the tank so I would probably keep them on their own. Hope that helps

Sand whatever you like :) Pool sand, river or beach doesn't matter. I have shell grit mixed in mine to help buffer the water.

Rocks whatever ya like :) Something that buffers water is good eg limestone

Slartibartfast u said sand the only sand i can find is

filling sand,blocklayers sand and plaster sand witch i find out is all river sand but witch one do i use and for the rocks will kaiaua pebbles be ok

cheers bikiegirl