April 13, 200818 yr comment_226846 hi all what should the alkalinity reading be for my red sea max i,am useing the red sea max alkalinity test kit and the reading showes as a low level of alkalinity i,am doseing 9ml e.s.v alkalinity additive daily to get it up is this ok. thanks perren Report
April 13, 200818 yr comment_226848 you should be keeping your alkalinity at 8.0 dkh, minimum, I keep mine around 10. Zeo uses keep theirs closer to NSW - 7.5 ish. Report
April 14, 200818 yr comment_226850 On the RSM test it should be green - although the test is pretty vague. With my RSM the alkalinity always seems average to low on the RSM test kit (its yellowy green rather than bluey green), but I suspect it is actually fine. A decent test kit would probably be worth the investement in both our cases. Report
April 14, 200818 yr comment_226993 I have found this article really helpful....... http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/chem.htm We have a RSM and have like cONCH found the test with the tank very vague. I have increased alkalinity to 3.5 meq/L + and found definite improvement with corals such as hydnophora etc. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.