spare parts

doch

i have seen some of the same pumps on TM for around $50 so i suppose by time i find spares and get them here would be about the same cost in time

They were able to order some in at Hollywood for me. But there were other things worn out in it as well - the place that the internal hose pushes onto just disintigrated when I pulled the pump to pieces, and rather then keep it around with 2 working channels of air I biffed it and replaced with a couple of 2 outlet ones that were less then half the price of the 12000

Some, yes. For a lot of the ones you can it's only a few bucks more for a brand new pump, so what's the point?

Does it always have to be just about the money?

Why throw something away if you can fix it?

:( the whole world seems to be changing to a "throwaway society"...

I sure am glad someone here finally helped me fix my canister filter, rather than running out and buying a new one!

:) glad to hear I'm not the only one willing to make a small effort.

Just sorry I didn't haave any suggestions for you, dohc. Sure sounds like minchton is onto it though! :bounce: i just knew I was hanging on to my pumps for a reason, lol. *goes to look up Shuk Engineering*

PS, sometimes it IS an added bonus in the $ dept too ;):P I've had a washing machine that someone was throwing out on boxing day 12+ years ago , and it only cost me a $12 part and easily fixed it myself.