Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I need advice on getting rid a palanaria worms

Featured Replies

I've had a huge outbreak of these little fellows and I mean a HUGE outbreak, millions of them. I know how they got there but I don't know how to get rid of them. I had a minor outbreak a couple of months ago and they disappeared but now they've come back with avengence. They are starting to irritate the oscars a little so I need to get rid of them. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Never had a problem with them in plague proportions but would suggest cutting back the food and doing daily water changes with thorough vacuuming of the substrate until numbers drop.

  • 4 months later...

From what I've heard they are near impossible to dispose of. I've got them in 3 tanks just discovered.

They are the reason tanks here set up for breeding aren't working.

Did you get them under control.

Have you managed to destroy them completely?

I have a microscope coming next week I hope to find something that will kill them & not plants.

What effect are/were they having on your fishes??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.