April 7, 200818 yr comment_225552 Hey guys and gals Been thinking of the next fish to buy for my tank. At the moment I have 3 pearl danios and a couple of glowlight danios and whilst I want to get more of these I think I would like something different first. Oh plus I have a couple of bristlenose. Tts a 120ltr tank btw. Have always wanted Blue Rams but have just seen some butterfly rams on trademe, still young at about 3-4cm. Anyway have any comments on these fish? Cheers JK Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225563 Lots of fun... I have four all together. Much easier than blue rams,,,they dont up and die lol. Beautiful colours as well. Great lips too! Report
April 7, 200818 yr Author comment_225569 I had heard they were a bit more hardy than blue rams. Blue Rams do really appeal to me tho as love those colours rather than the pinks etc seen on the butterfly Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225578 I have butterfly or Bolivian rams and are very funny characters... they chase each other around the tank and are very protective parents and breed OFTEN. In fact those young ones on T/M are mine Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225592 I have butterfly or Bolivian rams and are very funny characters... they chase each other around the tank and are very protective parents and breed OFTEN. In fact those young ones on T/M are mine fish_fingers do you ship? Report
April 7, 200818 yr Author comment_225605 Ahh good one fishfingers I am the one who asked about pairs and colouring Do you really have glow danios ? sorry I should have said glowlight danios. Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225610 Good luck sexing them....for the life of me I cant see the difference in the two I have that are a pair. Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225616 Good luck sexing them....for the life of me I cant see the difference in the two I have that are a pair. The males are generally bigger, like most cichlids. The males also have an extension of their doral fin and tail fins, well in mine they do Report
April 7, 200818 yr Author comment_225619 is that evident in the small ones yet fishfingers? or too early to tell Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225621 Ahh good one fishfingers I am the one who asked about pairs and colouring Heya JK, all good. Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225644 is that evident in the small ones yet fishfingers? or too early to tell Too earlybut.... of the 3 fish, 2 are obviously bigger and have been chasing each other around the tank, bit too early to confirm but would guess that they are males. Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225684 Can try your luck, pretty sure I got 2 males and female, bit too early for them to be pairing and mating I would have thought? Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225690 Do you really have glow danios ? I see them in most pet stores. Was considering adding some but I prefer Leopard danios. Report
April 7, 200818 yr Author comment_225692 Can try your luck, pretty sure I got 2 males and female, bit too early for them to be pairing and mating I would have thought? no matter how much luck i got i doubt i'll get 2 pair from 2 males and a female lol maybe 1 pair could be ok then I see them in most pet stores. Was considering adding some but I prefer Leopard danios. Sure they are glow danios? From what I understand they are some illegal GM variants. Glowlight danios on the other hand are all good and I assume what you saw - they are what I have. Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225693 yeah thats what i meant. they're a newish species been around about 10 years now. glow danios are a pinkish colour. i know what they are. sorry should be more specific. Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225696 no matter how much luck i got i doubt i'll get 2 pair from 2 males and a female lol maybe 1 pair could be ok then Hahaha sorry blond moment there :oops: Report
April 7, 200818 yr Author comment_225792 hey fish fingers are you sure you the one I'm talking about on trademe? they just said they have more than 10 left.... Report
April 7, 200818 yr comment_225795 hey fish fingers are you sure you the one I'm talking about on trademe? they just said they have more than 10 left.... Nope, I only have 3.... which are all gone now. My bad, there is someone who had older and bigger rams on. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.