Annoying Bugs in my house.

Dixon1990

Today there are heaps of little bugs.flie flying around in my kitchen and lounge,never seen them before. Anyone have any ideas what they are?

There are approximately 5,000 dragonfly species, 20,000 grasshopper, 170,000 butterfly and moth, 120,000 fly, 360,000 beetle, and 110,000 bee, wasp and ant species described to date. Almost all of those can fly. Many could be described as small. Your description leaves us with approximately 785,000 possibilities.

So, either give us some information that approaches even vaguely detailed or google "fruit fly".

Craneflies? I'd consider those to be more of a big bug.:P

Ahhh - but Ira - you forgot the flu bugs, the ginger beer bugs, the stomach bugs and the green vegie bugs, just to name a few interesting species :)

I just LOVE the english language :roll:

Those aren't even insects, let alone true bugs which most insects aren't. Cut from wikipedia: Hemiptera is an order of insects, comprising around 80,000 species of cicadas, aphids, planthoppers, leafhoppers, shield bugs, and others, collectively known as the true bugs.

My guess is first, fruitflies, you can tell if they zone in on the rubbish bin if you have some fruit in there, or second, flying ants. Flying ants are the males which come out of the nest in big numbers every few months.

I breed the wingless ones as fish food and I have the winged ones all over the compost heap at the moment because it is loaded with blackboy peaches that couldn't fit in ours or the neighbour's freezers

:o:o:D:D

If I'd been closer!! :D:D

mmmmm Black boy peaches

Are they the ones which look like daddy long legs with wings? We've seen tons of them round here recently like never before!

We've got the same ones .... nevr had them like this before and dady long legs with wings is a very good description.

Every year to avoid excommunication I have to send a box of blackboy peaches to both my daughters in Auckland. The locals don't seem to know what they are. Our freezer is full, have supplied 6 neighbours and heaps to the city mission and the season is now finished. All from two trees that came out of the compost. First you give away the trees that grow from the compost then the excess peaches. Till next year.

Those aren't even insects, let alone true bugs which most insects aren't. Cut from wikipedia: Hemiptera is an order of insects, comprising around 80,000 species of cicadas, aphids, planthoppers, leafhoppers, shield bugs, and others, collectively known as the true bugs.

Oo! I never knew the word "bug" had a biological meaning, I always figured it was just a colloquialism for anything small with an exoskeleton.

Now what am I going to use to mean insects and arachnids indiscriminately??