Can I let frogs go?

I am a homebased childcare type person and we have been talking about tadpoles a lot in the last few days and I would like to get some tadpoles for the children to watch them turn into frogs. But I was only going to use my little spare/hospital/breeeding tank I use for my tropicals. What can I do with the frogs once they are frogs? When I was a kid we used to catch tadpoles in Hatepe and let the frogs go in Otari pond. Can I do this or is this a terrible thing to do?

I have been told never ever release any animal if it has been captive as you may release diseases into the wild even pet shop ones and most definately never ever release exotic animals ie anything that comes from another country as you can damage local ecosystem just my two cents not to offend anyone

I have been told never ever release any animal if it has been captive as you may release diseases into the wild even pet shop ones and most definately never ever release exotic animals ie anything that comes from another country as you can damage local ecosystem just my two cents not to offend anyone

Bingo, even releasing wild-caught fish that have been kept in a tank with fish from other places (captive or wild) could potentially release a new disease/pathogen into an area where it wasn't before.