Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Why Americans are fat...

Featured Replies

Yes it made sense, maybe you been asking people some simple general knowledge like, who is our deputy prime minister? Sadly there is a heap of kiwis who wouldn't know that, or jack else.

But they'll be the same ones talking about stupid Americans. :lol:

Basically, IMO we are all about as good as each other. :wink:

Yes it made sense, maybe you been asking people some simple general knowledge like, who is our deputy prime minister?:wink:

lol, i had to check and make sure i knew after reading that

Personally I'm a little surprised at the tone of this thread

I think you've missed the tone of this thread. We're not a bunch of peace-loving anti-american hippies (nor gun-toting bush-loving rednecks either), just having a little laugh at another country. It makes a refreshing change from mocking the aussies.

:lol:

No I didn't miss the tone of the thread.

Jokes at other peoples expense is always a laugh for some. Even I can see the humour.

But I'm looking at it from the other guys shoes. To illustrate, I know a guy who was recently in Australia and was called a NZ sheep sh*gg*r. The group that said it thought it was funny but he was so enraged he got up and knocked 2 of them over before the others ran away. It's funny to make these kind of jokes, but not always so funny to be on the recieving end.

Plus it is a little rich to see people mocking another country's stupidity, when I know many of these people wouldn't even know basic stuff like who is our deputy prime minister.

I'm just saying use the brain muscle, BEFORE using the mouth muscle. :wink:

Anyhow David, the first post of the thread was quite good, but that map you posted was the best, pretty much sums up the world situation :lol: .

But I'm looking at it from the other guys shoes. To illustrate, I know a guy who was recently in Australia and was called a NZ sheep sh*gg*r. The group that said it thought it was funny but he was so enraged he got up and knocked 2 of them over before the others ran away. It's funny to make these kind of jokes, but not always so funny to be on the recieving end.

Wow, I guess he didn't have any sense of humor. I'm a big fan of Billy T. James because he didn't just make fun out of other people, but also out of himself/his people. IMO if you can't laugh at yourself you shouldnt be laughing at anyone else.

If you can see past language and skin colour people around the world are much the same. I find it difficult to see why people are so proud of being a certain nationality when they are only that because that is where there mother was when she gave birth. If mother had been in Sri Lanka we would be Sri Lankan and who cares.

I find it difficult to see why people are so proud of being a certain nationality

I don't find the concept of national/cultural pride hard to understand, what I dont get is how some people think their country/culture is better than others.

Look at the difference in response to the London bombings compared to 9/11. In London they were hardened by years of IRA attacks, and simply got over it and got on with life. Its nearly forgotten about now. In New York they were all shocked, how could something like this happen to "the greatest city on earth", etc etc. They're still making a song and dance about it and therefor Al Qaeda are still getting mileage out of it.

  • Author
In London they were hardened by years of IRA attacks, and simply got over it and got on with life.

Who's the dirty XXXX I mean I was framed!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.