what they called

Anna_&_Chris

Ive been to Hff in mt raskill last week, i already sed that somewhere here that i saw some nice guppies there. thats the first time i saw ones like tht. they yellow with pinkish with green as well on them,very bright and small. oh and looks like they got one of those tails like swordtails do, but the swords are on top and bottom. and coloured brightly as well. so they dont have big tails like usualy but they sooo so so colourful. Does anyone know what they are called? i can not remember the name of them..

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/endlerslivebearer/endcroptail.JPG

they look something like this but much brighter and more yellow..

what are these beauties?

Hopefully they're not like the really awesome guppies that they had down here, they didn't last very long and when bred from the babies came out all deformed.. I was very tempted to buy some but didn't glad I didn't after I heard a friend who brought some culled all of her's..

The reason they got culled was because they were all dying of diseases and throwing deformed babies, I wouldn't be surprised if the males were hormone treated or something, if they're only getting males in its for a reason so noone else can breed that strain, well I guess you can but its hard work establishing them..

oh already started talking about breeding =) I dont know if they available anywhere else i just saw them at hff in mt raskil,and yea it was kinda weird coz there were only males in the tank didnt see any females.. but who cares i dont buy them to breed them.just coz they look nice.

true i would love to have some just because there so gorgeous do female guppy's have any colour? some of my girls have colour on there tails otherwise they look shiny with a bronze tinge or blue tinge

does having a heater in the tank colour them up? i have one but took it out as its warmish were they are

just been to the pet shops on Lincoln Rd (Hsn.Ak) and theyu have a few in aswell, only males though. Jansens Lincoln got them in a while back, I wasn't too interested in them but they did go pretty fast. Though seeing them again today made me look twice at the delicate patterns they have.

Most pet shops should be able to order them in for you depending on their suppliers. Just be careful as imported guppies can carry diseases that NZ fish have no immunity to. Would hate for somebody to lose an entire tank of NZ guppies due to adding 1 import.

If mixing imported guppies with NZ guppies I would suggest setting up a separate tank for the imports. Once they are settled add one or 2 NZ guppies as a test and give it a couple of weeks.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Just passing on good advice I was given by those wiser and more experienced than myself. Apparently this lesson was hard learned some years back. I don't know the story in full but I believe 1 imported King Cobra Guppy took out a tank of over 250 guppies. :-?

I bought some of these venezuelan guppies from HFF and they bred like mad, no deformity or diseases observed from my batch. Also tested adding them to some of my other guppies (as KA suggested) and my other gupps are ok. (it's been a month and a half since)

Hi Anna and Chris, did you manage to get some of those beauties? Came up to Auckland this weekend and there were only four of the gray ones left.

Plenty of the blonde ones though.

Jansens Three Kings has the females on their female guppy tank, just select the ones without any colour.