March 6, 200818 yr comment_218845 Today I saw a tank with 2 angels and a gold fish in it, I had assumed that water temp for Angels would be too high for gold fish and the temp for the goldfish too low for the Angels. Is this done often or will one or other of the fish be suffering? Report
March 6, 200818 yr comment_218846 You probably assumed right,angels and goldies have way too must of a temp difference. It depends on the shop you go to though - Fish specific shops really should be sorted. And the best LFS in town is the one next to the police station- half the place is just fish 8) (cmon I can't be pinged for that-I didn't even mention a name :roll: ) HTH Report
March 6, 200818 yr Author comment_218848 You probably assumed right,angels and goldies have way too must of a temp difference. It depends on the shop you go to though - Fish specific shops really should be sorted. And the best LFS in town is the one next to the police station- half the place is just fish 8) (cmon I can't be pinged for that-I didn't even mention a name :roll: ) HTH It wasn't in a shop georgeous, and I whole heartedly agree with you about that place by the cop shop lol I was there yesterday in fact :lol: Report
March 6, 200818 yr comment_218849 Oh my bad- thought you were talking about a shop :oops: :lol: Report
March 6, 200818 yr Author comment_218850 I only go to one shop and they know what they are doing Jess is great, really knows her stuff Report
March 6, 200818 yr Author comment_218854 Did ya see the poster huh huh didya didya :bounce: :bounce: lmao ummmmm I have to admit I didn't :oops: Report
March 6, 200818 yr comment_218862 No Need for this Ira... you should know better. Sexual Reference Removed Mod Bill. Have the tank somewhere around 22°C The angels will be a little cooler than perfect, but will be fine. The goldfish will be a little warmer than perfect, but also should be fine. I've forgotten to plug my heater in one of my tanks after a water change for 3 weeks over winter and only noticed when I went to do a long overdue water change that it was freezing cold. Tank was at 16°. No deaths, no sickness, everyone was fine. Fish don't drop dead the instant the temp gets 1 degree away from their perfect temp. Report
March 6, 200818 yr comment_218869 It's not a sexual reference, it's a reference to people over reacting when things aren't ideal. Fine, now please put the rest of my post back. You can leave the hyperbole out if you like. Report
March 6, 200818 yr comment_218889 Bear in mind goldfish bred in Asia are in outdoor ponds in temps in the high 20's - low 30's. Report
March 6, 200818 yr comment_218926 Ira said: It's not a sexual reference, it's a reference to people over reacting when things aren't ideal. Fine, now please put the rest of my post back. You can leave the hyperbole out if you like. Talk to the Admins if you have a prob. Anything to do with Rape... especially child rape... has no place on here. Subject closed... Contact the Admins. Bill Mod. Report
March 7, 200818 yr comment_219003 when i shift house or a tank is down my goldfish go on a "tropical holiday" as long as ur trop tank isnt over 25 i think its fine looks a lil wierd tho Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.