Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turtle pics :D

Featured Replies

Not quite fish related, but they're freshwater and they don't have a special forum for them (:(). Here's the 3 Snake-Necks (Phew, I didn't spell it snack-necks that time!) that I received on Friday.

stuff%201.jpg

stuff%207.jpg

I am sure you like them very much but I personally don't like the snake necks, they give me the creeps :roll:

At least red eared turtles are cute :wink:

Adam & I fell in love with some snake necks they had at our LFS but at $135ea we couldn't afford them. But they were great they would come out to look at us and follow Adams finger round. I really wanted one! Yours are so cute and little, how big do they get?

  • 2 weeks later...

Northland chic said...

> ... how big do they get?

I got mine with a body about the size of a 5 cent piece or a little bigger

(ie, just hatched) about 10 years ago I guess. The biggest is a good seven inches now and has been laying eggs.

They're a great pet turtle, I'd like to move mine into the house so I could keep a better eye on them.

I've had (and bred) RETs and much prefer the snakenecks to have around.

Andrew.

Goodness, We have just had a big flap here in S E Queensland when the Enviromental Protection Agency found Red Eared sliders in a couple of small lakes! They spent untold A$$$$$$ to drain the lakes and took everything out just for a couple of hundred turtles :(

Then you look back to the big drought we had and the same mob spent equal $$$ relocating a few hundred snake necks and saw back turtles when their lagoon dried up. :roll:

Talk about dumb! They could have sold the red ears to the pet trade and got their money back and put a few snake necks and saw backs in the lagoon when the rains came. And our taxes pay these brilliant minds to do dumb things ?????? :-?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.