May 18, 200422 yr comment_18023 Not quite fish related, but they're freshwater and they don't have a special forum for them (). Here's the 3 Snake-Necks (Phew, I didn't spell it snack-necks that time!) that I received on Friday. Report
May 18, 200422 yr comment_18027 I am sure you like them very much but I personally don't like the snake necks, they give me the creeps :roll: At least red eared turtles are cute Report
May 18, 200422 yr Author comment_18032 At least red eared turtles are cute Heard a few bad stories about RET, so I decided to get the more peaceful snake-necks Report
May 18, 200422 yr comment_18042 got it at last after 13 edits!!!! here's the code...! | | ----- | / \ Report
May 19, 200422 yr comment_18080 they are so cute chris im glad you got them ok let me know how they go 8) Report
May 20, 200422 yr comment_18146 cool chris I'm not complaining about my red-ear...he was given to me Report
May 24, 200422 yr comment_18357 I think those little snake necks are really cool, they do look a bit odd but still great. Report
May 25, 200422 yr comment_18368 Adam & I fell in love with some snake necks they had at our LFS but at $135ea we couldn't afford them. But they were great they would come out to look at us and follow Adams finger round. I really wanted one! Yours are so cute and little, how big do they get? Report
June 3, 200422 yr comment_18719 Northland chic said... > ... how big do they get? I got mine with a body about the size of a 5 cent piece or a little bigger (ie, just hatched) about 10 years ago I guess. The biggest is a good seven inches now and has been laying eggs. They're a great pet turtle, I'd like to move mine into the house so I could keep a better eye on them. I've had (and bred) RETs and much prefer the snakenecks to have around. Andrew. Report
June 4, 200422 yr comment_18760 Goodness, We have just had a big flap here in S E Queensland when the Enviromental Protection Agency found Red Eared sliders in a couple of small lakes! They spent untold A$$$$$$ to drain the lakes and took everything out just for a couple of hundred turtles Then you look back to the big drought we had and the same mob spent equal $$$ relocating a few hundred snake necks and saw back turtles when their lagoon dried up. :roll: Talk about dumb! They could have sold the red ears to the pet trade and got their money back and put a few snake necks and saw backs in the lagoon when the rains came. And our taxes pay these brilliant minds to do dumb things ?????? :-? Report
June 5, 200422 yr comment_18771 They're probably not allowed to sell them, only allowed to destroy them or some stupid thing like that. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.