any morphed Axolotl ?

snookie

I have to say I've seen one of these guys and it was a bit sad. It spent a lot of time hiding and didn't seem to have much interest in checking out new things in its enclosure, unlike my axies who are very nosy, or just plain greedy :P If I remember rightly they're much more prone to illness and if limbs are damaged they don't regrow as their regenerative abilities are lost once they change although I'm not 100% sure on that. All in all I think they look much better and happier in the water.

Ambystoma are a group called mole salamanders, and they are called that for a reason. To say that they are better off as aquatic larvae because they seem "sad" when metamorphosed is like saying that butterflies look so pretty fluttering around in the sun and are thus "happier" than they are as caterpillars. Its just the way nature is. Don't put your anthropomorphic attitudes upon it.

[ps, the above is not about "artificial" metamorphosing, just about the comment quoted]

Iv morphed them in the past,found them very long lived. the right enclosure makes all the difference. they are very active at night as they are still nocturnal after morphing. gold ones turn pink with gold dots,black ones develop gold,silver n greenish dots the olive ones end up grey with dots. will try to dig up some old photos an post them(if i can work out how to)

mind you so are bluetoungs e.c.t .i morphed them about 20 od years ago

in australia, last time would of been about 10 years ago in nz. i sold some white ones to ja...ns with strict instructions as to housing n feeding,they totaly ignored these an starved them to death,then went on to say that morphed axys are short lived as they read this on t.j th......ns axy book.

Iv kept them in perfect health for about 5 years before swaping them on. i have heard of someone keeping one for 20 years(unconfirmed).

i morphed them artificialy.

sorry but morphed axolotls are considered an unwanted organism

How so?.

Thats like saying tadpoles are ok , but if they turn into frogs , then look out!! , there now unwanted organisms.

If you morph an axo , its still the same animal!!!!. And what if they morph naturally ? , ohh look cool , hes morphed , now where did i put my salamander slicer & dicer.