My new little tank

Drifty

The overflow system is very basic. I have a 32mm and a 25mm hole, the 32 is a full syphon and the 25 is just an open hose into the sump and is used only as a backup. I am running a laguna 6 and probably get around 4500l and hour which the 32mm pipe can easily handle. I have a ball valve in the sump where i can adjust the flow to get the water level in the overflow correct. If I did it again I would either make the overflow box 10cm longer or put a smalller return as the flow is a little too much for it to handle and it takes a little adjusting sometimes. I am going to divert some of the return line back into the sump next week and that should fix the problem.. I will take a few more photos tomorrow and post of the whole overflow system

Thanks Charles, I got the endcaps and clips for them from DElighting in singapore, good pricing and shipping wasnt a problem for them.

The icecap ballasts I got from marinedepot but I think reefgeek has them at a better price at them moment, you can order them in 240v also. I am actally removing the icecap ballasts and replacing them with normal electronic ballasts. Reason for this is you have to have a fan running lengthways on each bulb or they overheat and the bulbs are too noisy for my wife(my old tank was an inwall setup so there was no noise, this tank has an open top :( )

The fiji purple bulbs are available through zeovit.co.nz

i ordered my ballasts from aquamarine in singapore, i bought the ballasts, reflectors,ATI bulbs, and endcaps from them, the total price added up and makes me :cry:

i still worrying about the volt difference between SG and NZ.

i am planning put two fans on top of tank canopy and two at sides. two blowing in and two sucking air out. hopefully it works :bounce:

how is your tank going? we need more pics!! 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks Charles, I got the endcaps and clips for them from DElighting in singapore, good pricing and shipping wasnt a problem for them.

The icecap ballasts I got from marinedepot but I think reefgeek has them at a better price at them moment, you can order them in 240v also. I am actally removing the icecap ballasts and replacing them with normal electronic ballasts. Reason for this is you have to have a fan running lengthways on each bulb or they overheat and the bulbs are too noisy for my wife(my old tank was an inwall setup so there was no noise, this tank has an open top :( )

The fiji purple bulbs are available through zeovit.co.nz

Hello Drifty, any updates for your tank? i really want to see your lighting system after mods.how's going with your new electronic ballasts? :D can you share some detail pics? cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where did you get that solid core stuff from in the end? I searched quite a few places (with many having no idea what I was talking about) and except for 5 metres I got from Zhacque, in the end just settled with some decent rated stuff and soldered the ends.

BTW, fantastic looking tank, stocking much the same as mine haha (Sailfin, Blue and Yellow Tang haha)

Yup,

Like Puttputt said, the picture looks like 1mm lighting cable. If you just was red, green, black coloured insulation just ask for 1mm 2 core and earth.

If you ask for 1mm 3 core it will be red, white and blue insulation.

The cable is called TPS - tough plastic sheath.

Too late now, wiring is already done haha

A few big electrical stores, not naming names, had no idea what I was on about.

I didn't try Rexel however, probably should've, seeing as though its a 2 minute drive from home