February 28, 200818 yr comment_217398 a few photos of my new tank, finally added water last wekend and aquascaped. Tank is 1200 by 550 wide 550high. Stand was made by swampy and I am very impressed by its quality. Tanks made by greg off TM. Report
February 28, 200818 yr comment_217412 Is that some kind of overflow box? Can you do a close up of it plus explanation how it works? Report
February 28, 200818 yr Author comment_217429 Yeah its my overflow. Its a 30l by 10wide by 15high box. I have a 32mm full siphon and a 25mm backup. Works really well and with the siphon is completely silent. I have a luguna6 for my return and it handles that no problem Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_217440 Very impressed! Much nicer than the traditional overflow, I'll copy that when I upgrade. Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_217454 Very impressed! Much nicer than the traditional overflow, I'll copy that when I upgrade. Yup, also quieter as well i think. Report
February 29, 200818 yr Author comment_217463 so quiet I can hear the hum from the 2 seaswirls and the return pump. Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_217472 Nice Drifty, I went to your brothers and got some frags off him there were some SPS ones I wanted but he said they were going to you Report
February 29, 200818 yr Author comment_217483 lights havent been finished yet. I have 6 54w t5's in a retro kit with individual reflectors, 4 over driven to 80w on an icecap ballast and 2 normal. Gives me a total of 428w which would be plenty. Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_217484 Looks good Shame swampy dont live in the South Island. I'd have him making me up a stand if he was! Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_217603 lookin great.good to see the stand hasn't fallen to bits. Gota make your cap yet. :-? Report
March 1, 200818 yr Author comment_217723 Very nice...what kind of fishies are going in it? Caper Thats the million dollar question, still havent decided what to put in yet. I will definately be putting in my pair of maroon clowns, but then the problems start. I have a blue, yellow, unicorn and a redsea sailfin tang, a yellow rabbit fish and 10 blue eyed cardinals from my old tank. I have to figure out what I dont want and which ones to sell. I will definately keep the blue tang as it was my second fish(first was the maroon), and maybe the yellow which is my wifes favorite and will probably sell the rest. Still not sure yet but will figure something out soon. Will give you a call soon swampy to sort out the cap Report
March 5, 200818 yr Author comment_218623 Almost finished my lights. I have 4 running at the moment. Just a couple of photos with lights(excuse the power lead) Report
March 25, 200818 yr Author comment_222791 almost mate, doing it tonight will post pics tomorrow Report
March 25, 200818 yr Author comment_222920 encdap holders Lights with no reflectors Lights with reflectors cap sanding up with lights installed Report
March 25, 200818 yr Author comment_222921 I will be replacing one of the blues with a white and also a fiji purple, so will end up with 3 white, 2 blue and 1 purple Report
April 2, 200818 yr comment_224507 Great setup, where did you get your t5 ballast and endcaps? i am looking for the fiji purple tubes, where do you buy? thanks a lot, nice looking tank, i like your lighting :bounce: Report
April 2, 200818 yr Author comment_224521 Thanks Charles, I got the endcaps and clips for them from DElighting in singapore, good pricing and shipping wasnt a problem for them. The icecap ballasts I got from marinedepot but I think reefgeek has them at a better price at them moment, you can order them in 240v also. I am actally removing the icecap ballasts and replacing them with normal electronic ballasts. Reason for this is you have to have a fan running lengthways on each bulb or they overheat and the bulbs are too noisy for my wife(my old tank was an inwall setup so there was no noise, this tank has an open top ) The fiji purple bulbs are available through zeovit.co.nz Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.