Is my Albino gardneri ok in your opinion?

Aaron-Betta

Just been keeping an eye on him for a while. He's not interested in the females anymore, they dont seem to be chasing or biting him, but occasionally swim up next to him. He is active but not a darty fish like he used to be. Noticed that he seems to be loosing his red spots, maybe scales? His fins aren't nice anymore either. His eyes also look cloudy. Anyone got any ideas? Is he just getting old, or very sick?

albino_Gardneri.jpg

btw, he lives in a tankwith his two girlfriends.

he may just be getting old. I have found that my male Degati's don't live quite as long as the females. My males get very pale, clamp their fins and just hang out at the top of the tank until they die. When this first happened i had a go at treating them with different stuff but it never helped so now i just presume its old age (they were about 3yrs old).

Yes he looks older than some. Id put him in an icecream container or small tank and dump half a quarter cup of salt (non iodised ) in it. A drop of meth blue (1 drop per 500ml) and an airstone. Leave him in there for a day and a night and you might see an improvement.

Tim