Queenstown club??

mankeycow

We are about to attempt to get a club off the ground up here (Whangarei). We see several benefits...

Social - get to mix with other fanatics so our families don't have to listen

Advice - sick fish - food, etc

Fish - swap fish, plants, food etc

Education - we hope to have "guest speakers" in to talk about stuff

Nosy - get to look at other people's tanks

Its also cheaper to get the FNZAS mag through a club as opposed to as an individual - like way cheaper.

Caryl is great with tips etc if you do decide to give it a go!!

Sam

We are about to attempt to get a club off the ground up here (Whangarei). We see several benefits...

Social - get to mix with other fanatics so our families don't have to listen

Advice - sick fish - food, etc

Fish - swap fish, plants, food etc

Education - we hope to have "guest speakers" in to talk about stuff

Nosy - get to look at other people's tanks

Its also cheaper to get the FNZAS mag through a club as opposed to as an individual - like way cheaper.

Caryl is great with tips etc if you do decide to give it a go!!

Sam

And don't forget FNZAS discount 8) :bounce: i hope im right :lol:

Nowhere in Whangarei as yet but then, there is no local club member to ask at lfs if they are willing to give discount. Ask and ye may receive :wink:

Gotta belong to the FNZAS first - not just registered with this site, you must be a member of an affiliated club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Looking at setting up a club or society or some sort of group for fish keepers in Queenstown myself and need to hook up with others.

I have currently 5 aquariums.

One of the things I want to address is having qualified persons to be able to fish sit when people are on holiday and the all too common "we had fish once gee they dont live very long do they" syndrome.

Can anyone in Queenstown who has tropical (or anything that lives in water for that matter) fish please contact me and we will see if we can get something going.

I hadn't wanted to get too bogged down with officialdom but will look at it if there are a bunch of us to share the load.

I can provide some webspace for such a project.

I'm due to go on holiday about mid November and are having issues finding suitable people to look after my fishes.. may have it covered but I have reservations about (with a complex setup) using anyone who's inexperienced & potentially unreliable.

If you live in Queenstown and have fish I can be contacted via email [email protected]

I have Friday/Saturday this week free so would love to arrange a meeting of those of us able to establish contact that quickly. BTW I've had up to 23 tanks running here and have lived here for 9 years. I would also like to establish contact with "Bernard" whom I've heard of but not met.

• 3 months later...