My new frontosa tank!

fishy_t

Hey guys,

Just thought you might like to see my new tank!

The fish are still getting settled in, but I think the tank is looking awesome!

I've been wanting to set up a tank like this for 2 years now so I'm glad I've finally done it!

It’s a 300l Jewel tank with flash T5 lights (one of them is a blue marine tube) and I’m very happy with it!

The pics don’t really show the blue colour very well, in real life it's much more vivid!

n220000331_30428423_6442.jpg

n220000331_30428424_6711.jpg

n220000331_30428425_6996.jpg

I've got 4 left at the mo, which should be OK for a while yet...

Although if it does start to get too cramped I might have to sell of one more male (I've got 2m & 2f left).

The females really are still WAY smaller than the males, so at the moment they have tonnes of room, but yeah - I'll play it by ear

Amazing Thomas, looks even better in person! The blue bulb reflects off the white bands and really sets off the Fronts like you said it would. I say go for Anubias as the flow from your filter will make Val go to the left and you'll lose the clean lines of the tank. With the amount of light you have it'll be happy, and suck up nutrients that would otherwise help algae grow too. I reckon Bolbitis might be happy in there as well and it's really tough so not many fish mess with it.

Congrats on a stunner of a tank, mate. Well done.

• 4 weeks later...

hey yip yours fishy t lol i dont read the title just click on the new reply's lol im new to fish so i'm still learning about all the species and prices how much do they cost? yip by the look of them i figured they wont fit just curious as they look gorgeous are they widely avaliable?

$50 each when they are tiny is pretty standard, they aren't cheap.

And they got to about 25/30cm too so they need a big tank...

They are a good fish to aim to keep once you’ve got some experience and are sure you want to keep big fish that need BIG tanks - I've been looking forward to keeping them for years and years now, and they haven't been a disappointment!

cool thanks for the info yeah since ive been registered my wish list has grown since discovering all these fish i'm blown away by how gorgeous alot of fish are and not surprizeingly i have expensive taste lol as im slowly finding out so one step at a time for me i have developed a fascination for zebra patterned fish and would like a zebra themed tank