Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

interesting site on Betta Colour Genetics

Featured Replies

  • 2 weeks later...

lol Yeah. what did you use to think it was? You learn something new every day so now you can cross that off your list of things to do today!

lol Yeah. what did you use to think it was? You learn something new every day so now you can cross that off your list of things to do today!

Yea true!

Umm I thought that Cambodian referred to the tail shape. I think I'm too much of a newbie to see the difference between halfmoon and Veiltail betta's. All I really understand is if it's a CT, not CT or half CT :oops:

I thought a Cambodian was one that wasn't CT but had some subtle diff from the rest.

I need to do a bit of reading on Tail shapes etc but don't understand what I'm looking at when someone describes them.

Oh well I know what a Cambodian is now

One of my friends in Intermediate is one :lol:

Ah tail shapes are the easy bit!

Simply put -

Crown tails are anything really spikey

Plakats are shortfinned fish, easily confused for females

Doubletails have 2 tails

Half moon is when the upper and lower edges of the tail span 180 degrees. HM bettas can almost look like a full circle shape when fully flared. have straight sides to tail like a capital D

Over Half Moon (OHM) is exactly the , Anything over 180 degrees

Deltas have symmetrial triangle shape tails less than about 120 degrees

Super Deltas are anything between a delta and a half moon

Veiltails are the common shape found. they have short rays at the top of the tail and longer rays at the bottom

Round tails have rays that are all the same length

This site has good explaination of a few tail types

http://justbettas.home.insightbb.com/finnage.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.