May 11, 200422 yr comment_17538 Hi, interesting to have found this site by accident. I'm just curious... Is it hard to import fish from new Zealand? How are selection of fishes there? Report
May 11, 200422 yr comment_17541 Most of the fish we have here Anton are imported. We do have native fish, but most ppl find them rather insignificant tho Welcome to the pond Alan Report
May 11, 200422 yr comment_17543 Hi Anton and welcome. I gather the selection of fish we are able to import is sadly lacking compared to other countries but we still have lots to choose from. Report
May 11, 200422 yr comment_17549 Hi Anton, Good to see we are getting noticed in other countries. Don't think there would be many species here that you could,'t already get over there... but the info on this site is well worth the trip over here Hope you stick around a while... and welcome. Report
May 12, 200422 yr Author comment_17590 Thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks everyone for your replies! Report
May 12, 200422 yr comment_17620 what would be involved if someone was to buy fish off you to bring into new zealand? Report
May 13, 200422 yr Author comment_17626 Lotsa munee and red tape. Alan I agree! I'm not a trader nor a breeder. I'm not familiar w/ the supply of fishes there so I can't make a judgement whether there is more supply of fishes here in the Philippines. May I know what ype of fishes are in demand there? Maybe I could suggest to you guys where to import from, if ever. btw... how's the quarentine policy there? Are policies there as tedious as Australia? I heard it's really hassle to bring in fish in Australia. Report
May 13, 200422 yr comment_17629 welcome anton im pretty sure its 6 weeks Quaratine(sp) and whats in demand? most catfish and cichlids LOL Report
May 13, 200422 yr comment_17631 Hi!! welcome to the forums of new zealand fish keepers, i hope you enjoy!! 8) Report
May 13, 200422 yr comment_17637 It is 6 weeks anton and a very long tedious process on a par with Australia - if not worse. Report
May 13, 200422 yr comment_17684 2 weeks here Its not to bad here in Aussie, we are very limited on Catties & cichlids. Though there are some goodies around Frenchy Report
May 14, 200422 yr Author comment_17724 2 weeks here Its not to bad here in Aussie, we are very limited on Catties & cichlids. Though there are some goodies around Frenchy oh, ok... I was told that it was about a month? Anyway 2 weeks is better than 1 month? does shipping in over there cost a lot? How are shipping costs? Does quarantine cost money as well? Are there a lot of paperwork? I hope you don't mind my too much questions. :roll: :oops: Report
May 22, 200422 yr comment_18252 yeppers at least six weeks, and the Ministry of agriculture and fisheries have a long long banned list and this is being added to daily it seems. For the protection of our native environs. etc. Welcome to the forum and it is great to read posts about fish keeping in other countries. how did you get started in fish keeping as a hobby?? Report
May 24, 200422 yr Author comment_18337 yeppers at least six weeks, and the Ministry of agriculture and fisheries have a long long banned list and this is being added to daily it seems. For the protection of our native environs. etc. Welcome to the forum and it is great to read posts about fish keeping in other countries. how did you get started in fish keeping as a hobby?? Well... A friend of an Aunt of mine just sent for a 50g tank to our hse and I just thought of making use of it. That was more than 2 yrs ago. Since then my list of fish just kept getting longer and longer! :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.