fresh off the boat from New Caledonia

Cricketman

hey everybody, i have just got back from a 8 day cruise to New Caledonia!!!

i have got to say that it was the most awesome trip of my life! white coral sand beaches and clear water lagoon with some awesome fish life! i saw everything from puffers to pipe fish to giant trevally to clownfish!

ive got a load of photos that i took with my underwater camera that ill stick up here later.

cant believe the number of posts that im going to attempt to read through >.< lol

My son loved New Caledonia too but his mate stood on a poisonous rock fish (I think) and had to go to hospital. They all laughed cos the nearest one was a maternity hospital so they took him there for treatment! Major embarrassment for a 16 yr old on a French class trip :lol:

went past teh aquiarium, but didnt go in, went to teh pet shops and drooled at all the various fish they had, then walked out after seeing the state of some tanks and teh number of siamese fighters in wine glasses for sale. but overall a insightful trip, i have to say that cruising has got to be teh best way to see a country like that, you go in, get confused by all the french speaking people, take in the atmosphere, meet some people, do teh touristy things, then go back to the ship and "normal" way of life. it was fantastic! have to get the film developed and then scan teh pics in, so bear with me for now