Any travel agents here?

Pawz

Hi all,

On thursday i have an interview with flight centre. From what I've worked out and been told its a 2hour interview with 3-4 other people.

Anyone have any ideas on how this works or what will happen? Also any good questions I can ask? Most of the qustions i have have been answered by their website. Im not after good or bad things about them just an understanding of what to expect. Thanks in advance

They will probably want to know how you would deal with various scenarios to get an idea of how you would cope under pressure. If they ask if you have any questions, be sure to tell them that most of your questions had been answered on their web page. That way they know you took the trouble to look up information on the company.

I used to be a Travel Advisor for STA. When I got my first job, part of the interview was a role play and they told me later that one of the main reasons I got the job was because I 'asked for the sale'. I had to play the travel agent and one of the interviewers played the role of a customer and they were asking about a particular tour etc. At the end of telling them about the trip, asking them about what they wanted I said, 'ok well shall we go ahead and book some flights for you?'. They liked this because of course it is essentially a sales role.