Giraffe cichlids x 2 - help aggressive

Discusmadboy

i have 2 x Giraffe cichlids in my tank , both males...they have been "best mates" for months hang around together all the time and now since this morning they seem to be fighting each other non stop.

infact all the other mbuna cichlids i have in the tank seem to be overly aggressive today and they all seem to be nipping at each other.

I have breed succusfully in the past with some of them however they have never displayed such aggressive behaviour towards each other at all until today...i have not done a water change for 2 weeks and water parameters are all fine, so dont know whats going on.

You have 2 male giraffes thats the problem they are known for being agro, sometimes with cichlids its just a ticking timebomb, they get along sweet as until something (who knows what) goes wrong..

How big is your tank? And what else is in it?

Things you can do to curb aggression are do a water change and completly rearrange the tank let everyone fight it out.. You can also take out the biggest bully rearrange the tank leave him out for a few days (or in a breeding net or something) then reintroduce him hopefully he's fallen down the ranks a little and the new boss is nicer..

Really need to know what you've got in your tank what size they are and your tank size to try and guess why its happening...

Ive found that even with no females in the tank they still play up. Esp my OB peacock and fusco. They seem to be partners in crime.

With any tank if you put a rock or plant or what ever you are creating a territory. So no rocks or whatever helps with diffusing aggression.