Submersable pump with high lph recommendations?

Fmxmatt

Looking at setting up a single pump flow system but aren't too sure about what pumps are good and which should be avoided. My tank is 350l so would like something around the 8500lph mark, perhaps with adjustable flow rate?

Can anyone suggest something?

Cheers :)

Totally depends on budget! Could spend from $150 to well over $400 on a pump

Whats your budget?

Iv been told eheim pumps are good. Personally ill be using 2 Resun sp-6000 pumps in my 375L tank

Why not use dual pumps? So if ones has problems you have a back up

This is for flow, or sump return?

If it is sump return you want something reasonable quality such as an Eheim or Laguna (among others). Eheim more expensive, but also a better pump, than Laguna.

If it is for flow wouldn't you be better with more than one pump, perhaps a couple of streams? In a 350 litre tank they would still perform well without a controller. Or if you don't want that much flow some nano streams. Or you could if you wish go cheap & get a few of those 20 buck no name type pumps, if you used several, and one failed at some point, the others will still be working so no harm would be done.

It's just for flow. I'm having a few problems with the nanostreams i've already got and after thinking about it, I like the idea of less plugs. Also the way I plan on setting up the pipes would allow much more manipulation of flow and I'm not as restricted (unless of course the single pump craps itself)