New Tank

Adrienne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

well time for another post - the tanks been running now for 8 months. Lost one discus a couple of months ago - just stopped eating. It was the runt, now the bigger ones are picking on the next smallest. Lost the odd neon and cardinal but still have 40+ and the rummynose are going as strong as ever.

Have moved the driftwood and am on the lookout for a big piece, one with lots of smaller branches so the fish can swim in and out.

Have ditched the sump and am running a cf2200 lph cannister filter. The water is clear although my pics don't show it. Had just fed the fish so water looks a bit murky.

fulltankshotnov.jpg

left side of tank close up

leftsideshot.jpg

mid tank

midtankshot.jpg

left side

lefttankshot.jpg

a few of the fish

whitediamond-1.jpg

pigeon-3.jpg

sterbai.jpg

Wow, what a fantastic looking tank.

I read through all the posts but might have missed it - do you still have the rams in there?

unfortunately no - they went the way that most of the blue and gold rams go :cry:

hatchets - I'll try and get a pic of them, its hard not to get a reflection off the lights.

The tank looks better in life than in the pics but I'm happy enough with it.

Still aiming for perfection though - now wheres that piece of wood I want :D

• 5 months later...

Thought it was time to post some more pics. Once again I have moved plants around and have finally managed to achieve a more 3D look to the tank. The original plants are pretty much still there albeit moved and a few new ones have been added.

Plants - marble queen sword, val, osiris, windelov, dwarf sag and red pine.

Filter - fx5

Fish - discus, rummynose, cardinals, hatchets, harlequins, bristlenose, tiger plec, king tiger plec and a chocolate zebra.

heres a few pics

discus3-2.jpg

discus4-2.jpg

discus2-1.jpg

discus6-2.jpg

discus-1.jpg

discus5-2.jpg

They are loking better everytime you change things around.

The discus is looking real good and healthy.

ron

I like the way it looks now and yes, the discus are very very healthy. All eating well.

Pretty stroppy though, even with the six of them. They love to fly across the tank and ram into each other.

Size - they won't let me measure them but between 10 - 12cm, maybe slightly bigger.

tank is looking good

:hail::hail:

Thanks - I get my inspiration by looking at others tanks and the way they are set out.

As you can imagine there are a lot of tanks up here in Aucks and people are very good at letting me ask questions. :D