discount at HFF

henward

You'll need to show your FNZAS membership card - no card, no discount. Also, please remember, this is a privilege, not a right, so ask nicely and show your membership card. If you don't have a membership card then it's best not to ask for discount or you will be disappointed (the shops check if they don't already know you).

After you have joined a FNZAS affiliated club, we send you a membership card. Your will also get the Aquarium World magazine which has a list of all NZ stores offering discount to our financial members.

FNZAS members get discounts at participating fish shops nationwide plus they get free copies of the NZ Aquarium World magazine. They also get a Year Book listing all other clubs and members nationwide, handy if you are wanting to buy or swap fish or plants with others. I take mine with me when I travel so I can contact fish keepers as I go and meet new people and see other aquariums and ponds to get ideas etc.

Yes, no problem. You will normally have to make at least one appearance at the club meeting to join. The NZKA is a mail only club and easier to join if you don't want to make an appearance. However, we really encourage people to make the best effort they can to actually go to the club meetings.

If you go to the clubs page:

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/clubs/

You will find the contact details for each club. Some clubs have their meeting place and membership fees on their page but some don't. You can contact the club to find out...

It's interesting to note: For your membership to any club in NZ you get the Aquarium World delivered for free. This is a $22.00 value. If you subtract this from your membership fee you'll find being a member of a club is very very very cheap... $20-$30 for a years membership to anything is very cheap now.