new to the site

tamboe2001

hi all, the names chris im new here im from australia an will be moving to nz in june unfortunately i cant bring my fish or tanks :cry:

so my question is this wheres the best place to get tanks cheap near nelson and is there any decent fish in the nelson area?

hope that you all accept me into your club and hope to make some good connections

the fish i really want to keep when im in nz is killies and tropicals might even get back into cichlids depending on what i can get there im also intersted in joining nzka and some other fish keeping societies if someone could gimme some info on clubs and the like it would be greatly appreciated

the fish i really want to keep when im in nz is killies

Alan and ajbroome are the people to talk to these about! Alan is around quite often and you can catch him in chat most nights at around 9pm.

AFAIK ajbroome is the president of the NZKA.

Welcome aboard :D

Chris-

Hi Chris.. (we have a few Chris's he he)

You picked the magic subjects... Killies and Clubs :)

The guys will be along shortly for their nightly chat in the chat room, and we ain't worried where you are from, you are most welcome here, and best of luck with the move over the ditch.

I'm a Northlander... so I can't comment about the shops down South :)

Jump in the chatroom around nine and intro yourself :)

Peg, who says we don't worry where you come from.

What was the league score?? Well?

Did you see how Chris wrote his intro?

You Kiwis are JUST so gullible.

He said"I'm moving to NZ unfortunately"

Another typical oz-struk-a-phalien.

Welcome aboard MATE, hope we don't splash too much for you,

I'll PM you about the killies you mentioned, later.

Alan (Keep Keeping Killies)

Giving the benefit of the doubt I assume you meant "I am moving to NZ and unfortunately can't bring my fish and tanks". :D That is how I read it anyway.

Nelson has a lfs or two but not killies very often. They are rarely in the shops. Alan will PM you details for the killie club - the best way to get fish.

As for cheap tanks, check the local Buy Sell and Exchange magazine, keep an eye out in the local newspaper and the auction rooms. I am just over the hill (mountain range to you :wink: ) from Nelson in Blenheim - an hour and a half drive away.

Welcome to the fishroom by the way 8)

He said"I'm moving to NZ unfortunately"

i meant im moving to nz and unfortunately due to strict import and quarentine laws i cant bring my fish or tanks

sorry if you read it wrong ive already lived in nz b4 and loved it cant wait to get back

i dont remember being as happy in australia as i was in nz