blue tongue

scott16

ok ive had my male 2 weeks he went to vet last week because of conjuctivites in right eye hes eating but i have yet to see a number 2 in his tank rang vet yesterday they said to buy pariffin oil and mix 1ml oil with 1 l of water went to a few places yesterday no one had any and im going to pharmice today to ask

am i doing everything right?

and is there any thing else i can do to help him do number 2?

thanks

Yea so can humans :P

No seriously there is nothing to worry about, unless you start laminating your bluetongue to ensure ectoparasites never reach it there will always be a small chance. The chances of a gastropod passing it on to your vertebrate pet is highly unlikely whether endo or ectoparasitic, and besides could easily be treated.

Blueys love snails and slugs, dont go depriving them of that :roll:

um im not sure how old but snookie will know it used to be snookies i gave snails last night cause i saw them outside after making sure neighbors were ok after last night i dont know it he ate them or the escaped lol :lol: he likes to hide alot but he seems ok

I totally agree, you'd be surprised what a little sun can do!

1hour a week will do far more than any uvb bulb can provide, and no matter what lizard you have they will get much more enjoyment basking and be more animated than just being under a terrarium lamp.

All my reptiles get natural sun and by the end of christmas i will have everything housed outdoors in a new purpose built enclosure.