Guppy HUGE gravid spot

Mrs Frog

One of my female guppies has a huge dark gravid spot, looks like she is ready to burst, the males are annoying the heck out of her so I have put her in a breeding tank, but how can I tell when she will have fry?? I'm new to this but have done a lot of reading. Her gravid spot looks so big and I can see little black dots in it??

oh and has anyone had fry born into the community tank and had them survive? this tank has only guppies in it.

If it's a guppy only tank and there is some cover for the fry a lot of them will survive. Especially if the females are only 1/2 grown. The smaller adults and males dont seem to be so bad at eating fry. The BIG Momma ones are pretty keen fry hunters though.

This tank started out with 12 guppies, and didn't even have any plants :o

000_0842s.jpg

Cheers

Ian

Does it have plants in it? In my community tank I didn't get the female to the breeder tank in time and she had the fry and 3 of them survived so if you supply plants for the fry to hide in some might survive. but you'll get so many fry you will want them to get eaten.

If it's a guppy only tank and there is some cover for the fry a lot of them will survive. Especially if the females are only 1/2 grown. The smaller adults and males dont seem to be so bad at eating fry. The BIG Momma ones are pretty keen fry hunters though.

This tank started out with 12 guppies, and didn't even have any plants :o

000_0842s.jpg

Cheers

Ian

:o:o:o LOL, I had a good laugh when I scrolled down and saw your pic!! Wow that is amazing...and here I am worried that none will survive! I do have a lot of plants in the tank by the way. *still laughing*