What sorts of loaches are there?

OscarBoy

If you go to hutt pets you can get horse face loaches, khulie loaches, clown loaches, skunk loaches, zebra loaches, yo-yo loaches, dwarf loaches and a few others that I can't remember. They range in price from $6 - $24

If you go to hutt pets you can get horse face loaches, khulie loaches, clown loaches, skunk loaches, zebra loaches, yo-yo loaches, dwarf loaches and a few others that I can't remember. They range in price from $6 - $24

Yup, thats pretty much the normal ones we see in NZ, but it's a decent selection. Clowns are probably the most popular, but remember they grow to 30cm+. OK it takes about 10 years, but they are a BIG fish. Also they really need to kept in a group to be happy, so make sure you have a big tank lined up for the future.

But the other loaches are smaller, so it's easier to house a group of them. I have some Zebras, great little fish, heaps of fun and wont outgrow most tanks. The dwarf loaches are even smaller.

Cheers

Ian