This is great propagation

reef

Both awesome!

I like the idea of propogated coral sales. Looks like they had some great stock too, big corals in there like the birds nest etc. Have to be patient or have a massive facility to do it though I guess?

Very nice.

Layton - To be fair it didn't sound like you were/are using it correctly.

My paramaters are the same as when I started. Nitrates sitting bellow 5, all other things are the same. I have noticed that my skimmer has been pulling out HEAPS more gunk the usual. I have managed good colour with my corals anyway but a few that have shown no evidence of every changing colour have done so and continue to change. I have posted many pictures of my SPS corals on this forum for people to judge the colours for them self.

Other observations - Tank glass. I used to have to clean my glass every day, if I didn't the 2nd day algae would be obvious, and the 3rd day it would be think accross most the glass. Now I have not cleaned one section of the glass for 6 days, but needed to clean it today. This is a drastic change.

I would also say that several corals I have had that NEVER grew at all have started too, without being moved. This is good.

One problem with my obsevations - Light. I changed light bubls about 1 week into the Zeovit system. And I think that some of my changes can be attributed to this, which makes things more difficult. Reef has told me he has been having good coral growth and colour under his new bulbs (we are using different bulbs), which shows that new lights can make a big difference.

Zeovit & Pies for the future. I am confident that I will continue the system for at least 9 months. I am also only using it as per Brendons instructions, this way if it fails or does not show results he cannot claim it to be in the way I used it. I would say that so far its been positive but I am not an easy sell. What say NickS and Steve?

Pieman

Layton, we have had this discussion before. Your secret supplier does not know how to use the system. You seem to think you know how it works and you don't. The way you are using it is nowhere near the proper way. Maybe if you used it as i say, you might start getting results.

Some people think they have university degrees in zeovit. If they listened to the official seller of zeovit in NZ they will get results. What else can i say ?

Brendan zeovitnz/aussie

Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that it is because of the zeovit system that my nitrates are rising. Just remember that zeovit is not the key to running a successful tank.

I actually did stop dosing zeofood when you pointed that out (even though there was not mention of that on either the korrallen website, or in the instructions supplied to me.) and have been dosing ZeoStart in the quantity you recommended (2mL every 2nd day).

I have noticed that the water has become much clearer, this is probably the cause of my green porites lightening up, due to increased light penetration. Other than that, I have had no dramatic changes, either for better or worse so far in using the system. After 5 weeks it is still early days.

Layton

Just remember that zeovit is not the key to running a successful tank.

This is quite true and there is no doubt we can all find examples of great tanks using Zeovit and not using it, as well as horrid tanks using it and not using it. This is a fact.

The only reason I am considering use of Zeovit is my friend JetSkiSteve rung me one day, he was helping/buying/selling something from Brendon who he didn't really know. He was looking at his tank and was VERY impressed with it and its colours. So impressed that he started to spread the word. I knew that Reef was or was recently using Zeovit himself but had seen little difference and some algae problems. I had NO intention of using it until I spoke to Steve, who said Brendons tank was stunning. I have seen Brendons new tank, which looks AWESOME, but Brendon thinks its in the 'OK' stages and will improve on where it is. This has sold me on it, I hope my coral looks half as good as Brendons.

I still see Zeovit has 'snake oil' and would love to know more about it, but its all hidden and secret. Their is no doubting however than stunning results can be had using this product. Sure you can get similar results without it, but your chances increase by using it.

We all know this, its the reason we are all using it.

Layton - I too have noticed my water is clearer, or at least I think it is. Have you noticed more gunk from you skimmer?

Pies