April 22, 200422 yr comment_16643 has anyone got any ideas on how to stick the backing on a tank and get all the bubbles out and make the backing stay there and have it removable as well ? Report
April 22, 200422 yr comment_16646 double sided cellotape, pull the backing really hard otherwise you'll get bubbles. Report
April 22, 200422 yr Author comment_16650 yes that is what i am trying to avoid is bubbles makes it look like crap Report
April 23, 200422 yr Author comment_16677 it makes a huge diferrence if it is stuck well to the tank Report
April 23, 200422 yr comment_16695 I tape mine to polystyrene then tape the whole thing to the back of the tank. You then get insulation as well!! Report
April 23, 200422 yr comment_16697 I cut mdf same size as the back, smother in pva and "wallpaper" it on, no bubbles, easy to remove and no tape on the tank, great if you have a tank and fitted cabinet as you can tuck it under the hood, if not a strip of dbl sided tape top and bottom will hold the mdf in place, but I guess it would swell as you can remove it easily for maintenence Report
April 24, 200422 yr comment_16708 I spray paint the back of my tanks either BLACK, Sky Blue or Very dark green. Personally I think the backing paper looks tacky. YMMV. Pies Report
April 24, 200422 yr comment_16717 I tend to concentrate on the contents of the tank, not the backing paper. My largest tank doesn't even have any and I almost never notice...Unless I intentionally look at the couple streaks down the back and the cords and hoses, hehe. Otherwise, I just throw some solid blue backing paper on. I'm not too worried about getting it perfect. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.