The new 350L demasoni tank

evilknieval69

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah it was a long night when I stripped 4 of them at the same time.. I took a few breaks because they just wouldn't get go of the last few babies really frustrating.. And I gave up on catching them went to the warehouse and brought a fishing net that blocked off half my tank and chased all the fish into it.. I should really take them out of the 540 litre fully rocked tank as it makes it so hard to catch them they seem to be able to find the smallest gaps!

Haha that does gotta suck! Im thinking that when they first start breeding i will just let them spit, and leave the babys in the big tank with them, until i have a huge colony of 40 odd and then start to get rid of the babys. I may not stick the hoplos in with them..... can't decide.... i do like my hoplos, but i also like the idea of having ONLY demasoni....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had hassles with stripping the girls. They like to hang on and when you finally get her to let go, mum manages to slip out of your hand and before you know it shes darted around and scooped up as many babies as she can :o

I just let em spit in the main tank now. The yellows will stalk them (demo babies are pretty quick tho) but the jacobs and Asta calliptera dont go out of their way.