GBAs

Cheesejawa

hi, good to hear they are doing well. Have you checked your friend's water conditions to see if they are suitable for the fish? How long has your friend's tank been running for?

If you have no luck with cucumber, try courgette. And like OscarBoy said, make sure you weight it down so it sinks - one easy way is to stick a fork in it and put the whole thing in the tank.

Yeah try the courgette. Take the skin off most of it - but leave a bit at the bottom to hold it together, put in a glass of water in the microwave for 3 mins 30, tip out the water and put in cold water to cool it down. After about half an hour put in the tank. We have three bristles, 1 golden and 2 normal and they strip it overnight.

I have one fully grown Male Bristlenose in my community tank, 4x clown loaches and about a dozen kuhlis plus other fish, ill slice off a good size portion of cucumber and no doubt it would have vanished come the morning.

I find my baby bristles (Tsarminas lot) take a couple days, but I let it float, because its more fun watching them all hanging off it.

If I knew how to post photo's I would as I have a gorgeous photo of a baby bristle on top of the cucumber, only just under the surface (as the cucumber has been half eaten and is starting to sink) and it looks the the little bugger is surfing, really cute, dunno if any-one elses bristles climb to the top?