Just how do you dispose of dying/sick fish!?!

ChrisMack

Just been reading through posts on this forum, and some seem to say to destroy the fish that is dying or sick......

......So this poses a question, What in peoples opinions is the most humane way to dispose/kill sick, or dying fish......

This should be an interesting topic.......

ChrisMack

Ira, and guys yes I had heard of the "freezer option" and most seem to think its the most humane way.......as the drop in temperature is over a slow period of time, and slows the fish's systems down slowly until they cease to work.....supposedly there is no stress for the fish, and it seems to be painless......How scientists figure this stuff out is beyond me......

ChrisMack

I think it's pretty painless for them. Most of the stress would be just from being in a small container for that time. It's definitely a LOT less painful for me than bashing my poor fishy with a rock or running it over with my car.

ROTFLMAO Woc

A hit is one helluva lot faster than cooling down slowly to freezing point

Give me the concrete floor any time.

Alan

Agreed. It's over in a matter of seconds, and the fish doesn't even know. Whereas with freezing, it's just a drop in temperature until the fish can't take it anymore and dies. Do you stick it in water? Otherwise it would be slower, because it couldn't get air.

Guest Anonymous
the best way is to do it quickly two "good" ways to do it are by throwing it on the ground or getting a heavy object and dropping it on the fishies head.

Yes, that will be fast and painless.