REEVES MISSING

broms2

HOW GOOD ARE REEVES TURTLES AT CLIMBING, PUT THREE IN AN OUTDOOR POND 2 MALES 1 FEMALE, 4 RES ALREADY IN THERE ON SATURDAY, HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE FEMALE AND NO IDEA HOW SHE HAS GOT OUT, IVE GOT A BIG GLASS FRONT BUT ONLY BIG ROCKS FOR THE BACK, THE RES HAVE BEEN IN THERE BEFORE AND NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CLIMB OUT - I AM GUTTED, ONLY FEMALE i HAVE :evil:

DO THEY COME BACK TO THE POND?

probably been getting a hard time from the males or res?have a look in there for it burried with just the top of its shell showing(if your lucky) or get a little foxie etc and have fossick around about,they actually spend more time out of the water like this in the wild.

I lost a red ear male last year. He'd got under the neighbours fence where the dog had been chasing a hedge hog. Was found 3 wks later 'running' down the middle of the road at 8am by a passing fireman!

Had got quite a long way with out being spotted. Fortunately the fireman rushed him into a house where I'd put a flyer the day before, so I could be contacted. The lady of the house was in 'shock' when I got there...she had the turtle sitting on the kitchen table where the fireman had put him....she preferred soft fluffy cats to my turtle....

I has a turtle take off on me once when I was cleaning out the pond. I ended up sitting very still in the garden for 2 hours listening for movement. It paid off though.

Snake neck got out the other day, but I was watching it, she didn't know. Smart thing, climbed on top of a large female res basking in the sun to make her escape. Looked very planned almost in a mission impossible way

theres still a bit of hope for the escaped res! ran down to pond to check if a turtle was healthy as is being sold and something dived into the agapanthas im sure it was a turtle the way it kinda plonked so I put a tray with water and food iin it where i tough it went in! I HOPE IT IS

!!!GREAT NEWS!!!!

The turtle that has been missing for over a month has returned. was just checking the health of the turtles in the pond and my res female has returned wasnt there yesterday so mustve come back at night or this morning.

no it wasnt buried in dirt and had definatley escaped