Automatic fish feeder

wasp

Thanks well I'll google both of those & learn some more.

The issue in my aquarium is the fish are not surface feeders. If dry flake or pellet went in it is a fair bet a good portion of it will go down the overflow before being eaten. Is there some way it can be dampened before feeding? I was thinking of the food getting dropped into a floating ring or similar, to hold the food till it is waterlogged enough to sink and drop through the bottom and enter the water column. Is something like that incorporated into any of the feeders?

The other issue is that giving one big feed a day at least ensures that the shy eaters get some, the fast eaters cannot go so fast that the slow eaters cannot get any. But just dribbling a bit in over a day could mean the less active fish don't get any. But I'll just have to find that out by experimenting i guess.

I've got three Eheim feeders that deposit into feeding rings 4 times a day each (two have pellets and one has flake). I have my Streams on timers to shut off for a few minutes during each feed. It works out great.

I was worried about the food just going through the overflow as well, but amazingly almost all the food gets eaten right away. As soon as the Streams click off, the fish dart right over to those rings.

The are quite expensive at the LFS. I've purchased all mine on Trademe from $50-$90.