10ft x 5ft x 4ft = how many gallons/liters?

Emily

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The glass itself would run into the thousands, not to mention the right base and adequate floor to put it on. Not the sort of thing you pop across your 600mm joist gaps. Its sounds like an Engineer's delight in terms of stresses and loads. the force 6 tonnes of water would be putting on the top of the tank would be huge. I'm assumminig it would be glass-or is it Acrylic Emily.

I think a native rock pool as David B suggested would great- stocked full of live bait.

I'm working on plans for a giant RSM type tank - 9 x 4.5 x 4.5 tank housed in a 9 x 7 x 6 stainless steel cage complete with all filtration equipment, and generator, and lifting eyes so I can move it with a forklift :lol: So far I have discovered that 20mm glass is really expensive - so expensive that it might be better to use 10mm double glazing :lol:

that tank is expensive

tough tanks cant even guess how much

and apparently when you get to that size, the construction is a little different to make it safer

wish i had one though

a tank maker in auckland, they do most of kelly tarltons, do tanks like that. awhile ago, i called them and said if you want a huge cheap tank

you can do one outdoors or indoors dependind on space

have rear and side walls concrete and the front concrete wiht a window adequte for viewing made out of perpex or really really thick glass

thats cheaper than getting a tank

tanks gets exccesively expensive when they get over a certain size, glass can only hold so much

that tank is expensive

tough tanks cant even guess how much

and apparently when you get to that size, the construction is a little different to make it safer

wish i had one though

a tank maker in auckland, they do most of kelly tarltons, do tanks like that. awhile ago, i called them and said if you want a huge cheap tank

you can do one outdoors or indoors dependind on space

have rear and side walls concrete and the front concrete wiht a window adequte for viewing made out of perpex or really really thick glass

thats cheaper than getting a tank

tanks gets exccesively expensive when they get over a certain size, glass can only hold so much

Yep, only the front panel will be transparent (probably glass) - the rest will be solid and heavily insulated.

yeah

it doesnt sound that much

i believe for 10grand

you can build a massive conrete block and fill it up with water, hook up a solar heater on it with a thermostat liek in swimming pools, all in all, i think the container of water should cost bout 12k

plus the filter which would be a giant giant overflow and tricle sump system

or a pool filter

probalby a giant over flow would be ok

just plumb that somewhere in doors, when your spending that much on a giant oversized extravagant set up, you might as well

15k i reckon i can make one, probably close to 10k or more litres, you can probably put in quite alot of monster fish in there, 20 arowanas

or 10 pacus, 10 arowanas:D

my 10,000 litre outdoor eel \ kokopu pool cost 110 dollars

retail cost 3,000 for plastic water tank and 300 dollars for acrylic windows

my tank was free from devan plastics as 1 of the plastics used for making it had not been tested for human consumption

run para pump and DIY filter on it

The cost of this tank goes up exponentially because of its height.

48inches is high

It will probably have to be made out of 15mm or even 19mm glass, maybe 19mm base, back and sides with that 15mm starfire glass on front. All the added bracing, not the sort of tank you can get a quote over the phone for.

Noones added in the cost of the Hiab to shift the thing- in fact probably need to be built onsite. Imagine the weight of base panel 10x5ft and 19mm thick

Emily- please keep us updated through the process, sounds real interesting