Holy Cr*p heater broken.

michael.qian

Just discovered my Jebo 150W seems to be failing, it turns on for one seconds and then turns off.

The tank is already down to 25 degrees when I noticed, the heater still doesn't seem to be working.

I don't have a spare one, would the fish be ok until tomorrow morning? I can imagine the temperature dropping down to about 18 overnight, or even lower.

Will get a new one straight away tomorrow morning.

Cheers

Wrap the tank up with lots of blankets and everything you can find. Dont lift the lids and put a heater or something in the room with the tank. If it goes below 20-21 then the fish will start to suffer a bit, but should be fine down to that. Dont try to put hot water into it or anything, and once you get a new heater make sure you just let it bring itself up to temp again slowly. Dont change the temp fast as the fish will get stressed. they should be fine if you try heat the room and add lots of insulation around the tank

Wrap the tank up with lots of blankets and everything you can find. Dont lift the lids and put a heater or something in the room with the tank. If it goes below 20-21 then the fish will start to suffer a bit, but should be fine down to that. Dont try to put hot water into it or anything, and once you get a new heater make sure you just let it bring itself up to temp again slowly. Dont change the temp fast as the fish will get stressed. they should be fine if you try heat the room and add lots of insulation around the tank

I'd do this! I've done this on my tank and it worked nicely.... nice wool blankets are good :wink:

I think doing an electric blanket is too much of a risk. :o .... but thats me.

Well I don't know what the insulation inside your house is like but our marine tank had the heater off all last night and temp stayed at 25 degrees all night? Crazy but true! (Having said that our house is really small and if I get busy in the kitchen it tends to heat the whole house for the night...)

I think the Jager heaters are a bit over-rated and expensive. I had about 5 of them a few years ago and 3 of them were faulty within the first 3 months. I've been using the cheaper ones these few years and haven't had any problems at all. Maybe I just had a bad batch of jager heaters.. but i don't think its worth it to spend twice the money on one when a cheaper branded heater does as good a job. Just my 2 cents :D.

I've had mixed results with Jaeger too, although no failures as such. Some of them get condensation on the inside - it doesn't seem to affect their function but casts some doubt about their sealing. Still better than Aqua One and Jebo - I've had one of each and they have both failed within a couple of months.

Well I don't know what the insulation inside your house is like but our marine tank had the heater off all last night and temp stayed at 25 degrees all night? Crazy but true! (Having said that our house is really small and if I get busy in the kitchen it tends to heat the whole house for the night...)

I have a temp controller on my tank and I find that the MH push the temp up to approx 27, and the heater is set to 24. never goes on