curious what the big catfish you can get in nz

anthony law

We get Scobiancistrus like L253 and Goldie plecs that get to 30cm. I have a L75 that will get to 25cm as do the nuggets, magnums etc, in fact most Fancy's max out around that size. Doubt that there are many of the big hypostumus sp or big panaques like L203 around unless mixed accidently with something else. Imagine that 50cm Titantic at the bottom of your tank.

ok what largth plecs are there around 450 up wards to go in a seven foot tank its a round 900 litre mark at the mount its got a 550 long graint gouriami and a 450 sailfin plec and a 300 goldnuggit plec . i do mind if they are babys because iv got a 400l tank to bring the up to size so what out there . :hail::hail:

what sort of price do the fancier go for these days.

is there any a round the meter mark cheers ant

not many options I'd say. Your gibby is about as big as we get apart from other common plecs. There might be some big -ass catfish that might do the job but it would be pretty anti-social. I say flag the sailfin, bulid up a colony of nuggets and with that much water be first to breeed them here. Big tank =big plans. LOL.

P.S -hope your water checks are better than your spell-check.

interesting about breeding the nuggets ??how do tell the male from the female

iv had the sailfin when he was a baby.hes five years old now.and my dicus six years.how long have you keep fish for.

p/s just be patient i have dysletia so my spelling may not be flash be my fish keeping is ex iv been in the game of fish keeping for 10 years . :evil:

no worrys just be carefull what you say or it may bitte you in the ass. :lol: :lol:

any way how do you tell the diffrance beween male and fermale in nuggets. and i do have some plans for this tank.if i can get a colony of plecs it could be interessing. :lol:

: p/s iv got a other tank getting built and its 2200l*600h*800w :lol:

may be they should put on a sell check on the site all they other fish site have????????????????

There are three Gold nugget varieties, but sounds like this is yours as the others dont get as big as yours already is.

They are tricky to sex but at least they are relatively easy to find here.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... ies_id=153

I've got colonies of L128 blue phantom and L200 green phantom that I would love to breed, but I need that new tank of yours, or similar size to do it so perhaps it's your back you should be watching mate. Ha

Cheers!

thank you for that it is the same.

now i will have find a mate :bounce:

i got the 2200*600*600 with a sump 800*600*600 made for $440 hes in ackland if interessed in a largth tank p/m ill give you hes number also you should go ahead and get them breeding it whould be awesome

cheers ant

• 1 month later...