Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nigripinnis

Featured Replies

The first lot of peat that I took from my Nigripinnis was taken 3 months ago.

During this, I learnt a few lessons and have listed them so that others may or may not learn from my mistakes

1- the peat I kept was far too wet

2- I was keeping it (the peat) at about 16 to 24 degs cel where it should have been at 18 to 20

3- when I noticed that the peat was at 15, I paniced and floated it on my tanks at 24 cel... far too hot

4- When this was pointed out to me by Stuart and Erling, I removed the peat and kept it at 18 but thats when I noticed it was far to wet.

5- I decided to keep it and wet it at 12 weeks anyway only to find that I still managed 13 fry after 24 hours... dont through peat out too soon.

6- keep an oxi tab in with the fry (I now do this with almost all fry)

7- smile as they are such a beautiful fish and will be (hopefully) the bases of their future breeding plans with me

:D:D :bounce:

  • Author

in the cabinet in the lounge under the community tank

Although the room is heated, the cupboard inside is cooler

Seems to be a lot more stable in temp and a few degs lower than the room itself

is 18-20 degrees best (generally) for all species?

What is considered as too wet?

Ideally what temperature should water be when "flooding"?

Ive had 2 bags of eggersi and had no luck with both of them, this has been very interesting and useful

I've just hatched eggersi Paul r and I incubated them @ 21C, it is recommend to be a little warmer as Barrie said.

Try this site for incubation times and temps for Notho's.....

http://users.pandora.be/marc.bellemans/index.htm

Click on incubation and scroll down page.

Well done on the Nig's Barrie, if I have no luck with my peat next month I may have to give you a ring.

Hi All,

Regarding hatching of Nothobranchius, I will recomend keeping the pet in 22C - 24C for the incubaion period normaly arround 3 months depending the spesices.

Before hatching lay the peat on the garage floor or store the peat arround 18C - 20C for 24 hours before wetting (Can you feel the cool rain on the Savana) the first fry will be ready for hatching.

Dry the peat and wet it 2-4 weeks after first hatch, and you will be surprised there may be more fry hatching

Hope this help

Erling

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.