Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

What's your favourite coral?

Featured Replies

For plain aesthetic value, I like Torch corals (Euphilia Glabrecens) - wavy, tentically, alien cool, but my Favourite has to be the Black Sun (Tubastrea Micrantha) - hard work but rewarding to those who make the effort.

RSM25.jpg

  • Replies 89
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like bubble corals, but I haven't been able to find one in CHC yet :(

Redwood Aq have a really really stunning looking one, but its not for sale :(

I also like torches/octopus/hammer/frogspawn coral. Hoping to buy a couple more from John this coming weekend :)

I quite like bubble corals, but I haven't been able to find one in CHC yet :(

Redwood Aq have a really really stunning looking one, but its not for sale :(

Lol i bet i know which one you mean, that nice big green bubble in the display tank? ahh yes i've asked about that before, i'm also looking for a nice bubble.

That black sun coral you have is beautiful conch, what type of maintenance does it require? I love movement and colour in the tank so i like torch and hammers etc.

BTW i meant to ask are you using the standard factory lighting in your RSM? What type of lighting does the RSM come with?

Lol yep, thats the one :)

I've got an idea, I'll distract the sales people, and you thief it out of their tank. Cut it in half and we'll be away laughing.... or away to jail

Lol yep, thats the one :)

I've got an idea, I'll distract the sales people, and you thief it out of their tank. Cut it in half and we'll be away laughing.... or away to jail

You're on! except i'll distract and you thieve it

heh heh heh, that way they'll be no wrong-doing associated with me, and i'll be able to run away with it while they tackle you. I'll bring you pictures of it in jail though :)

You're on! except i'll distract and you thieve it

Not sure I'm liking that idea, and could someone goto jail for thieving something thats alive? Wouldn't it be classed as kidnapping? (Coralnapping.... Sleeping Coral.... I was just looking after it officer I promise!)

Not sure I'm liking that idea, and could someone goto jail for thieving something thats alive? Wouldn't it be classed as kidnapping? (Coralnapping.... Sleeping Coral.... I was just looking after it officer I promise!)

Funnily enough I was looking at this this morning (for study, not to plan any theft! :D) so just for fun here's an answer:

(3) All living creatures wild be nature, such as are not commonly found in a condition of natural libery in New Zealand, are, if kept in a state of confinement, capable of being stolen [...]

(4) All other living creatures living creatures wild by nature are, if kept in a state of confinement, capable of being stolen so long as hey remain in confinement, or are being pursued upon escaping from confinement.

So yip, you can steal corals. You can, under s 209, only kidnap a person. ;)

Oh and just to add to the fun it doesn't matter who physically reaches into the tank, the one distracting will have equal liability as a party to the crime under s 66(1)(b) as, given their intention, their distraction of the shopkeeper would certainly amount to "an act for the purpose of aiding any person to commit [a] offence."

Back to the coral though, davidb, that purple bonsai acro is AWESOME! :D

  • Author
i like xenia lol and sun corals and candy canes :)

You should have said - I just threw out loads of Xenia (Mauve and Red) - its a weed, I tell you, a weed!

  • Author

Yea, its strange stuff - you can chop it to bits and bash it with a hammer and it'll just re-attach and keep growing, yet it won't survive a night in a plastic bag :-?

  • Author

That's another one of mine - he didn't want any more :lol: Next time I chop it back, I'll let you know and you can have a bit - make sure you have a credit card sized bit of live rock ready to go.

:x

ive been asking john about the big xenia he had in his sump for weeks

but he sold it :evil:

Sorry Wilson - that was me! I'm sure it's grown already - even though my tank is currently a glorious shade of brown....diatoms! Still too new at this to have a clear favourite, but at the moment really like sun corals. I'd also really like a green torch but am not sure if I've got room long term (I have a RSM), coz I I also want lots of other things.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.