October 17, 200718 yr comment_189087 are there any air pumps out there that are actually silent or next to? plus dont viabrate, i.e can put it on a shelf and doesnt make a racket Report
October 17, 200718 yr comment_189089 I would recommend any made by Stellar, they seem to be a good brand and have always been quiet for me... I know how ANOYING a buzzing air pump can be! Report
October 17, 200718 yr comment_189094 yes there is and they cost an arm and a leg. The one I got cost me $1200.00 and is made in Japan. Had it for 10 years now and is still quiet sitting on a 6 inch shelve without moving. Can easily run 50 tanks. ron Report
October 17, 200718 yr comment_189105 wow ron what brand? as for stella i used to have one under my bed Report
October 18, 200718 yr Author comment_189213 im more looking at one that will just make some bubbles through a airstone rather than a huge behemoth Report
October 18, 200718 yr comment_189233 the aqua ones are pretty silent...eheim is very silent but cost a fortune Report
October 20, 200718 yr comment_189584 Hi All "You pays your money and you takes your chances". It's a good quote and it's true. I actually swear by "Electromagnetic Compressors", and there are those that swear at them. :lol: But I am running three of these units, the largest being 200 litres an hour and the smallest at 50 litres an hour for my Brine Shrimp Hatchery, and not a one of them makes as much noise as a mouse farting. Report
October 20, 200718 yr comment_189592 Where did you get your quiet mice from---ours are roudy little sods. Where did you get your electromagnetic compressors from and how much moola are you talking. Report
October 20, 200718 yr comment_189616 Hi All and Alan The quiet mice came with the house when I bought it. :lol: Electromagnetic compressors are not as cheap as vibrator pumps but are 90% more efficient, last a lot longer and are a lot QUIETER. The smallest costs around $50.00 up to the largest unit I use which was just over $300.00, but I consider it money well spent. I have had to replace the diaphram set in my middle sized unit after 4 years running, and that cost me $3.75; $2.96 cheaper than a diaphram for a vibrator pump. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.